Study Materials & Study Help
In order to prepare you for the CSP exam, SIMA has 6 study modules with study questions, important definitions, and resources covering the CSP testing areas:
- Module 1, Business: Covers all aspects of managing a successful snow and ice management business, including finance, business law, and ethical behavior.
- Module 2, Human Resource Management: Covers Human Resource issues in snow and ice management, including staffing, Risk Management, and organization.
- Module 3, Marketing: Covers how to market your business and services, including advertising, promotions, and market research.
- Module 4, Sub-Contractors: Covers all the issues with hiring sub-contractors, including advantages and disadvantages, basic guidelines, and federal laws.
- Module 5, Snow & Ice Science: Covers the scientific knowledge behind snow and ice removal, including basic properties of snow and ice, surfaces, and the use of chemicals.
- Module 6, Snow & Ice Operations and Techniques: Covers the operations and techniques behind snow and ice removal, including preparation for an event and detailed descriptions of equipment and its correct usage.
*The 6 study modules are available in both US and Canadian versions.
SIMA also has recorded study presentations available. These are meant to supplement the written study material, and should not be purchased without the written guides. In webinar style recordings using powerpoint, Phil Harwood, CSP, of Pro-Motion Consulting reviews each of the test sections, going over definitions, important facts, and study questions for each chapter of the modules. Each presentation lasts approximately one hour. The presentation disc also includes a section on study tips. (Canadian modules are also included in the presentations).
Thank you to study presentation sponsors:
Study materials can be ordered in 3 easy ways:
- Order online here.
- Download an order form here (pdf) and mail/fax to SIMA.
- Call 414-375-1940 to order modules over the phone.
- Member: $75 per module, $300 for the set of 6, or $400 for the set of 6 plus the recorded study presentations.
- Non-member: $100 per module, $350 for the set of 6, or $500 for the set of 6 plus the recorded study presentations.
The links below offer information and sample questions from each study area, as well as the titles of books, videos, and resources for further information. The study help section is meant to supplement the modules, not replace them. SIMA strongly recommends purchasing the study modules in order to be fully prepared for the exam. Click on link to view information for each of the 6 study areas: